Friday, June 2, 2023

Making Time













I've been battling a yucky upper respiratory something all week. No fun. I actually took a real "sick day" on Tuesday and rested. I got some knitting and reading done throughout the week. I have been making time every day at lunch to read my book. I've found that I just don't love listening to books. I'm much more a "hold a book in my hands" kind of girl. But knitting likes to be in my hands too...see the problem? I made a conscious effort to read and I'm so glad I have. Baseball games are my prime knitting time (and drinking coffee in the mornings). So I managed to get a lot knit and read in one week. 

My new project is the Weekender Sweater by Andrea Mowry. She might be my favorite designer. Well, it's a tie I think between her, Caitlin Hunter and Jared Flood. I love everything they all make. But I have found over the years that I wear my Andrea Mowry knits the most. This sweater is going to be so squishy and oversized. You knit it inside out for the body because it ends up being reverse stockinette (without having to do all the purling...thank you Andrea!) There's a pretty fake seam that goes up the back and front and the shoulders get a pretty texture. You can see what it will look like here. I've been wanting to knit it for a while now and when I saw the yarn, I knew it was a perfect match.

I'm reading The Half Moon by Mary Beth Keane. Again, another favorite. This is her fourth novel. I've read two of her earlier books and really enjoyed them. Ask Again, Yes and The Walking People. I love her writing style. I have about 1/3 left of this book.

Every day Buddy HAS TO GET exercise. So even though I didn't feel great, we got out and walked. Every day, a few times a day. This boy has SO MUCH ENERGY. Holy MOLY!!!! The flowers are blooming, gardens are sprouting seeds and plants, I found a little bird nest that I think is a house wren nest. It now lives on my kitchen windowsill :) 


5 comments:

  1. i love the shirt you are wearing, under your beautiful fade sweater. i saw one just like it in a shop in asbury last weekend but they did not have my size...i only cried a little!! their shirts run large, but they did not have xl and large was boob tight!! i always save birds nests and chuck always throws them out when i'm not looking, i am not sure what's up with that!!

    i have been looking for honeysuckle and have not seen any. we usually see it in allaire!!

    buddy thinks he is a child, a toddler...i'm not sure he will ever grow up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this shirt at TJ Maxx (it's Lucky Brand, one of my favorites) Got it sometime in April I think.

      Delete
    2. i googled "lucky brand"...WoWzers, they are super expensive. so buying at tj maxx has its benefits. i have never been in a tj maxx.

      Delete
    3. WAIT!!!!!!! You've NEVER been in a TJ Maxx??????!!!!! You have to go!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the knitting designer recommendations. I have bookmarked them in Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete