Monday, June 12, 2023

Reset












I've been super cranky lately. Yuck. I hate feeling that way. Not sure why. But I needed a "reset" to snap me out of it. Knitting and reading always help but even that wasn't working. I've wanted new flowers for the front of the house but just hadn't done anything about it yet. I planted some wildflower seeds but I knew it would be most of the summer before I saw a bloom. So I scratched that idea and just went for it. I took a trip to Gasko's Family Farm on Sunday. I have never been but I know my mom and sister love it. It's HUGE and has great prices. I filled my cart and came home to get to work. I hope they grow!!! Most are perennials with a few annuals mixed in, along with some herbs for cooking. We'll see! Fingers crossed.

After I planted everything, I got comfy on the couch with Buddy and my book. After a few minutes, we both fell asleep and I got a nap in. That doesn't happen very often but it was just what I needed. 

I'm on the sleeves already of my Weekender Sweater. It's flying and I love it so far. I also LOVE our new book club pick. It's been so funny already. I think it would be a great Netflix movie. I'm about half way through right now. 

To help lift my spirits I'm heading to my Monday coffee/knit morning. It's been over a month since I've been because I was working or sick. That should put me back in a good mood! I need my knitters :)





2 comments:

  1. i have been cranky lately too, but i know why!! the butterfly bush you planted in the blue watering can will come back and it will get huge. i have one the exact same color and i love mine. i have 2 other purple ones that are not as pretty!!

    i don't like gasko's, it's too big. i only went once and got completely overwhelmed!! i go to barlows and they had their 30% off sale this past weekend, it's a great deal!! the flowers look beautiful, don't forget to water them as your soil looks a little dry!! (sorry, it's the mom in me)!!

    i LOVE the book, it was a really good choice...i, however, did not vote!!

    i hope you are having fun with the girls today, it's a great group!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize how big the butterfly bush would get so I need to put that in the ground. I bought that one at Lanza's down the street. I'm watering lots and lots :) Hoping they work! Gaskos is HUGE. I liked the prices though. Just had a cucumber, dill and cream cheese sandwich and thought of you. I used the dill I just bought. Yum!

      Delete