Thursday, June 22, 2023

My Weekender Sweater

 I had been eyeing up this sweater for a few years. It's been on my long list of what to knit and it finally made its way on my needles. I LOVE it! This is the Weekender Sweater by Andrea Mowry.

I've made many of her patterns and she is a wonderful designer. I love her patterns, knitting them, wearing them, all of it. This sweater feels like a big, comfy, squishy, knitted sweatshirt. It's a boxy style (aka hides all the stomach stuff!!!). I knit this one up very quickly. I think I knit it in a month. 

My only changes were to knit a size 5 body but switch so size 4 for the arms. I also didn't do the tubular cast on. I used long tail. I didn't do the tubular bind off on the sleeves. But other than that, followed it exactly.







I also read this book while I was knitting. I loved the book. What a great, fun, mystery story. I can see it as a great movie. I hope someone makes it into one! 


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS SWEATER!! if i ever knit a sweater, it would be this one because this is something i would wear!!! loved the book too, i have a few pages left. i don't knit or read as quickly as you do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is this something i could make??!!

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. There is only one part that you might need my help but it's at the neck line and it's not hard. Just something you've never done before. I didn't do the cast-on in the pattern. I just did my regular one.

      Delete