Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Eggplant Recipe

As much as I LOVED the early quarantine days....the scale will tell you that I really enjoyed myself! Oof! Lots of delicious food, wine, sourdough bread, baking pies all adds up to too many pounds on me! I have rejoined Weight Watchers to help me shed some weight. It's slow going, but it's better than what I was doing!

I came across this eggplant recipe and it was really good and easy so I thought I would share it. Great summer lunch or dinner. 

I substituted the pizza sauce for crushed tomatoes and I only had arugula so I used that instead of spinach. Other than that, I made it exactly to the recipe.

Here is the link to the recipe.

You slice the eggplant 1/4" thick. Cook for about 9 minutes then top with the sauce, etc; 
and back into the oven!


7 minutes in the oven and topped with some fresh basil and parmesan cheese.


1 comment:

  1. this looks so good lee...but i LOVE my breaded, fried eggplant. i actually cook it in the oven, and it comes out super crisp, but i don't want to be a bad influence on you!!!

    ReplyDelete