Monday, January 9, 2023

Some knitting, coffee, and friends





 



Work has kept me from spending time with my knitters during the week. Booooo! Last week, my company was closed on Monday to celebrate the New Years holiday. My son had school (still not sure how that was possible) but it gave me time to go hang with my knitting friends at the local coffee shop. They meet every Monday. It was wonderful two hours with my friends, knitting, coffee and chatting. It perked me up so much and I realized that I need more of this in my life!

Today is Monday. I work from home on Mondays. I have a laptop. I don't have meetings today.....So, I packed up my computer and my knitting and headed to the coffee shop! Best of both worlds :) I knitted, worked, sipped coffee, caught up with my knitters and it was perfect. I'm going to do this as much as I can this year. 

I'm working on a little sweater for a co-worker's soon to be niece. She asked for a pink and white cardigan similar to an adult size pullover I made. I decided to knit the Compass Sweater by TinCan Knits. She wants a cardigan so I am going to steek it. You can see me pointing to where I will end up cutting it. I added five stitches to the front of the pattern. I'll sew it on either side and then cut up the middle. I've been making a little video as I go for our Patrons. Hopefully it will be helpful to those wanting to do something similar.

Ok...need to get back to work! Hope you are all doing well. -Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. this is wonderful, the new knitting is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you were able to knit and chat with friends. I like the latest sweater.

    ReplyDelete