Friday, January 13, 2023

Steek!







 A co-worker asked me to knit a baby sweater and bonnet for her sister's baby girl that is due to arrive in February. I showed her some of my go-to baby sweaters on my Ravelry page. While I was scrolling, she asked me to stop on this sweater. She loved the white detail in the yoke. But she asked for it to be a cardigan. So I went to look for a baby version that might be similar. 

Most color work sweaters are worked in the round and then steeked. I found this cute sweater in the ebook, Strange Brew by TinCan Knits. This ebook is awesome! So many patterns and tips on creating your own yoke sweaters. 

This sweater is in the round so I wanted to make it a cardigan by adding a steek to the pattern.
I casted on an extra 5 stitches on the front and off I went!


I picked up stitches on either side of the steek for a button band.
I made three button holes in the yoke.

I need to tack down the steek and reblock and then it's ready to be gifted!


2 comments: