Friday, January 20, 2023

WIPs and an FO

I'm so happy with this silly little project!!!!!!!!!!!! I made a hot water bottle cover. I did not own a hot water bottle, but I wanted one! As part of my New to You MAL, I learned three new techniques when making this cover. You read more about that in this post.

The cover has been done for two weeks but I wasn't having much luck finding the water bottle to put inside. I saw some on Amazon but I wanted to see it in person before I bought it to make sure it looked like it was the right size. Yesterday after going to the post office, I stopped in the little local pharmacy and voila, there it was! I went to buy it and the cashier laughed and said it was their last one and she needed to order more. She said multiple people have been coming in to buy them and have been asking for them. She hadn't sold many in ages! We agreed that people are sick of always being connected to a cord and maybe we should just go back to some old fashioned things. Well...here I am. A happy, dorky knitter with my hot water bottle and cozy cover. BTW, my family thinks I'm nuts :)


Here is a little baby blanket I am working on. I was asked to knit a blanket that would be good for a stroller or car seat. My friend Mandy suggested this Four Points Baby Blanket by Purl Soho.
I found an example that was smaller. It is a free pattern and I casted on 60 stitches. This is coming out as the perfect little blanket. I'm farther along on it then what is in the photo. I'm on the last triangle now.


I am definitely spoiled when it comes to working with high quality yarn. I guess I've become a bit of a yarn snob over the years. But a baby is messy. They can really yuck up a blanket! So I knew it HAD to be machine washable for the new mom. I went to Joann Fabrics and picked up these balls of yarn. For acrylic yarn, they're not too bad. The colors are nice I think...there wasn't much to pick from. I'm enjoying knitting this and I'm sure I will make more in the future when people ask for baby blankets.


Here is another WIP (work in progress). I am knitting the Nectar Blanket by Ysolda Teague as part of my New to You MAL. It's a pieced blanket and the cast on was new to me. You start in the center and work your way out. I tried it with the yarn I had but the first piece (top in photo) was too small and light in my opinion. For a blanket, I wanted something a little more squishy and cozy. I held the yarn double and made a second. That was the winner! I love it. I used a skein of yarn I had in my stash so I will need to order the yarn to make it. Not rushing into the purchase because I have a few other things in the works. 


 What are your WIPs or FOs? Hope you're all doing well!
-Leanne

2 comments:

  1. i wonder if the triangles are connected as you knit or they are connected after?? the blanket is so cute, i like the colors. i LOVE the chevron ones i knitted with your help. we went to red bank, you helped me pick out the yarn and then had lunch, it was so fun!!

    love the next one, i like it better bigger. you can really see the details!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The triangles are picked up as you knit. Super simple! You would enjoy knitting it. I almost made the chevron blanket! It was in the running...

      Delete