Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Covid-19 Update Post



Posting this because it's something I never thought I would see...

A major league baseball game without any fans. What a strange time we are living through!

Right now it is July 22 and we are getting closer to the fall, school, football, college and there are still many uncertainties and questions about how it will look for us. The numbers are good here in NJ (today) but the rest of the country is rising. I notice that when I go out (mostly just to grocery shop) everyone is wearing a mask. The beach is a free-for-all. But everyone else is wearing a mask. I think this is helping keep the virus low around here. From what I've seen on the news, not every state is as strict as here with the masks. 

Yesterday the governor gave the go-ahead for contact sport practices. My football player is very happy. Let's pray they get to play! He has been training and conditioning with his team through zoom all spring and in person for the past 2 weeks. 

My little guy is nervous about going to school. We had to drive to school on Monday to pick up the contents of his desk. We stayed in the car and they brought it to us. He was very nervous pulling in and not until I told him that we were staying in the car did he calm down. I think this has hit him the hardest out of all of us. He's so fearful and as much as I try to calm him, his little mind is racing (and to be honest...so is mine). I truly hope they go to school even if it's part time. We'll see!

My oldest is going to college in 21 days (but who's counting right?!) lol. 
So far, they are on track to go and his classes are mostly in person. Of course that can change in a minute. We're really learning patience and being flexible. He got his housing assignment yesterday and he is living in a hotel on campus with a roommate. Not bad! Queen beds, private bathroom and air conditioning. He's thrilled to be on campus. Some of the hotels were farther away from campus. They dedensified the dorms by making them all singles and put the majority of freshmen in the hotels. Luckily the hotel is ALL freshman and no visitors. So it will run exactly like a dorm (without the cinder block walls!) 

So....that's the update. Thankfully we are all healthy and that it stays that way.




3 comments:

  1. poor chase, it must be so difficult for him. he is such a happy, easy going kid usually, if he is showing concern, it must be really bothering him!! i can't even imagine, i am all grown up and it is having a huge impact on me. i'm glad he has started baseball, that may help, being around other kids and kids from school!!!

    it sounds like dalton has it made, can you image a room like that. my kids felt like they were in jail when they were in their dorm rooms!! i sure hope he gets to go and gets to go to class!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Chase very well...so you do know how hard this is on him. Breaks my heart. Dalton is living large! Let's pray he goes. Many schools just made the call yesterday that campus is closed. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. oh no, i did not know that. i will keep my fingers and toes crossed for him. my little nieces just found out that they will only be going 2 days a week. they are both pretty carefree at the moment and i did not dwell on it when they were here today!!

    my first time, with real people and it felt great!!

    ReplyDelete