Monday, July 27, 2020

Sunday Funday









I finished up the quilt tag for my son's quilt. It's tradition to make a tag with information about who the quilt is for, why it was made, who made it and the year. It's officially packed in the box and ready to go to college!

My little baby chickens are doing so well. Miss Claire is taking wonderful care of the little ones. They're all mixed together in the coop and everyone is happy. 

I enjoyed sitting outside last night for a little while. It was soooo hot this weekend and it finally broke a bit once the sun started to set. I'm knitting an Arika Cowl. And you can see one of my favorite project bags. I used one of the Dropcloth embroider paisley designs that I made and my friend, Seashore Sharon made it into a bag for me.

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Your project bag has given me an idea on how to use an embroidered piece I made a few years ago. Love your views and your quilt tag. Is your son really going to be able to go away to college? More and more seem to be keeping students at home. Although the university I work at is having students come to campus, I will be teaching strictly on-line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As of now, yes, the campus is open and the students are going. He's going to University of Pittsburgh. Today, the plan is that some classes will be taught in-person, some online, all classes will be streamed and recorded. Right now one of his classes is web based. Hoping they won't all be, but even if they are, he wanted to go and be on his own. Fingers are crossed they get to continue to live out there...of course every day is different!

      Delete
  2. good that you made the tag, all of that information is really important. i always think/wish i could personalize all of my knitting, i could, put it would be a lot of work. i have done the blankets, i'm glad i did!

    i have not been able to sit outside, even at night. if i am outside, i have to be in the pool...it's a shame, i love sitting outdoors!

    awwwww, the quilt, does it really have to leave??!! it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete