Friday, July 24, 2020

Life Is....


I saw this quote online and I loved it. It applies to everyone but especially my oldest who is headed out of the house for the first time. With so much uncertainty and emotional ups and downs, I thought this was appropriate. He started packing yesterday because the school has asked us to ship most of his belongings ahead of time to eliminate the time moving in and crowded elevators. I think it's fantastic! No carrying super heavy things? Ok! He needed to wash the blanket and quilt that he wanted to take along. So the "college quilt" went into the wash and I lined dried both. I can't believe it....it's going to be packed up in a box and heading to Pittsburgh. Wild.



LIFE IS....Beauty, Admire It



While it was hanging out to dry, I thought it would be nice to take a photo of my other quilt by the same designer. I am still quilting this one. It's the Meadowland Quilt. I've talked about it a bunch on the blog. It's going to be renamed my "Quarantine Quilt". I'm so thankful to have the ability to create things with my hands. It's very calming to me.

The quilts are both designed by Then Came June.
The one on the right is the Diamond Ripples Quilt. The left is the Meadowland Quilt.




LIFE IS A GAME...
Yesterday was opening day for the MLB. What a weird thing to watch!
No fans, pumped in "cheering" and organ music from the video game, MLB the Show!
A few announcers, ground crew and the players. Too bad it started to pour and the game ended early. But that's 2020 for ya....did you expect anything less?


Chase and I hung outside for a bit last night before a storm came through. I am watching Hart of Dixie on Netflix. It's adorable! Super silly and cute. I'm liking it a lot. I'm also watching Handmaid's Tale on Hulu. NOT super silly and cute! AHHH! It's crazy! And I am obsessed.

I am knitting an Arika Cowl for the Coop. These are fun cowls to wear.
Bandana style with some fringe. It calls for bulky yarn and big needles so it goes really fast.





Here's to another day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.



2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that your son can actually stay at his school for the entire semester. As an adjunct professor, I will be conducting my class online for the Fall semester. I love the Diamond Ripples quilt. The graphic nature speaks to me. Enjoy your knitting. I like the yarn color that you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these posts...what's up?!?! hehehehe

    i just love the quilts, i am thinking about starting one. i made so many back in the day, i think i would be able to pick it up pretty quickly. i like the collage quilt, the pattern and the colors!!

    and there's chase in the hammock, i hope he is going to recover from all of this. i know the hammock is his happy place!!

    ReplyDelete