Thursday, April 9, 2020

Another Day....







Hi friends. Another day....they're all starting to feel the same around here. Wake up, get dressed, watch Good Morning America, drink some coffee, then get to work. Take a lunch break. Take the dog (and any kid that wants to join) for a walk down to the bridge and back. Say hello to the alpacas, chickens and spot all the signs of spring popping up. Then back to work. Dinner, gather around to watch some tv, knitting and bed. Then we do it all again! Sound familiar??!!!

I have a friend that owns a business and she asked for some crocheted mask holders for her staff. I went right to my sister Liz for some help. She whipped these up this morning and I sewed the buttons on. They are supposed to help with the elastic pain around your ears from wearing a mask. The pattern popped up on facebook and Liz followed that. 

Here is the info from that link:
Can’t sew but *can* crochet? These are hugely needed. Healthcare providers are getting open wounds behind their ears from the constant mask usage. Pattern from one of my groups:
“I am using cotton worsted weight yarn so they can be washed and bleached. 5mm hook...chain 20, hdc into the 3rd ch, then in each ch to 2nd last. 3hdc into last chain, 1hdc into the opposite side of the chain and 3hdc into the start. Finish off and weave in ends. Like making a sole for a bootie. Sew on 3/4” or 1” buttons.” Pattern/photo courtesy of Vicki Leverre Duncan. She’s a genius!

Nice to be able to help out even if it's just a little bit.

Pennsylvania announced earlier today that their schools will be closed until the end of the year. It's only a matter of time until NJ does too. I'm trying not to get sad about it. But it does sting thinking about my son not having high school graduation. My husband was a vice principal and high school principal for 15 years. I went to every graduation. And every time I was there I would think to myself, someday our boys will be graduating. But that might not happen. Hopefully the schools will come up with a creative way to hold a ceremony and honor the hard work of our kids. But...that's for another day. 

Hope you're all safe and healthy.


3 comments:

  1. Your daily routine sounds just like ours. But! We are getting by and staying healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne,
    I totally understand how you feel. It's Groundhog Day, every day! For me, I am teaching my 3rd graders online, needlepointing, knitting and crocheting in between. It helps that we live in Florida, so walks help keep me sane. Any plans for another live craft time? Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are lucky to have such a beautiful family, wonderful boys!!

    graduation??? how in the world can someone zoom a graduation??? let's think about that!!!

    ReplyDelete