Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Bread Obsessed!





Back in December I made a sourdough starter. This little jar of bubbly goodness has brought me so much happiness. Who knew a mixture of flour and water could do this?!

Making loaves of sourdough bread has brought me so much joy. I don't know why. It's silly I guess. But the act of mixing the ingredients, checking on it over a few hours, planning on what design I'll create on the top, putting it in the oven, and waiting to see what it will look like, then sharing it with my family is so calming AND delicious! My kids look forward to it. They love it. It's so good!

It took me a few tries and recipes to get the perfect loaf. I had success when I followed the directions found here. I follow it exactly and it always comes out well. I also add rosemary into the loaves depending on what we are having for dinner. The loaf in this post was one I made for my sister, Liz and her family. She reported that it was SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!! 

So there's that....my bread obsession!



1 comment:

  1. this sounds so good, i can almost hear the crunchiness, and it looks beautiful!!!!

    i read the recipe and was a little confused. you cook it right in the dutch oven?? and i guess you have to use the starter mix??

    ReplyDelete