Sunday, April 26, 2020

Heading into Week 7!









Hi friends! Well...we are heading into week 7 of quarantine. Like I've said before, we are settling and it embracing this new normal. I finished my Ankers Summer Shirt and I LOVE it! It's so nice to wear. Fits perfectly too. I finished Dalton's college quilt last night. I love it. He loves it too and he used it last night. He reported to me this morning that it was nice and warm and a perfect size. Success!

I'm reading a new book, Confessions of a Midwife by Diane Chamberlin. It's REALLY good so far. I bought it on my kindle. I wanted to rent it on the library app, but my kindle freaked out and isn't working well with their app. So I bought the book and so far it's hard to put down. 

I stopped over to our local nursery, Lanza's (down the street from us) to pick up a flower or two just to liven up the porch. I got some geraniums for now and then I spotted a String of Pearls plant. I have always wanted one since I was in college. My college roommate Addy's mom had one and I always loved. Hopefully I can keep it alive! It's a succulent and new to me so I'm looking up how to care for it. It feels good to have some new plants growing in the house.

I also planted some flower seeds around the front of the house this weekend. Hopefully by summer it will be a pretty view of flowers and color. I'm ready for warmer weather! Saturday was nice. It was sunny and we weren't freezing, so Chase and I headed out with his fishing pole. It's hard to figure out where to go. We want to abide by the stay home order as much as possible but mentally this kid needed to get out. All the parks are closed and we can't be around people. I found a little spot that we could get to. The brook was stocked with trout so we gave it a try. No luck with the fish but it was really nice to just be outside. Chase has been having a hard time with this quarantine. He can't really express it because he's 8 but we can see him get "down" and quiet. He misses his cousin Shea so much. Normally the two of them spend their entire weekends together. It has been really hard for them to be apart. They FaceTime and play video games together virtually but it isn't the same.

Liz and I haven't been together and we miss doing the podcast! Today we decided to zoom and record it. It was fun! Felt good to see each other and talk. Hopefully Liz can figure out how to edit and post for you to see. We talk about what we've been doing, making, watching, cooking, etc.

Just poured myself a glass of wine and Rick and I are going to start watching Waco on Netflix. 

Have a good week! Hope you are all safe and healthy. 

1 comment:

  1. pretty pictures of you today, liz made me lol!!! we watched waco, i don't know how i felt about it. i think it was well done/acted, i think it probably portrayed the story well...but it was not a story i enjoyed. i have not been enjoying t.v....good thing for knitting. but chuck quizzes me every so often, what did you think of that, did you see that....he knows i'm not watching but still the test!!

    i LOVE the sweater, that was a quick one...and chase in that water, you are the best mom ever!!!

    ReplyDelete