Thursday, April 23, 2020

Stitch by stitch



We have settled into our new normal. I'm doing much better being home. We all are. I go out just to buy groceries now. I was taking rides to get out of the house but I found myself getting upset when I saw the empty parking lots and closed stores. So many people are out of work and struggling right now. Small businesses are being hit so hard. I work as a graphic designer for a senior living community. We have several communities around the state and I am seeing photos of the healthcare workers, nurses, cooks, sales team, maintenance workers, and more. So many positive stories come out every day from our communities. We made signs that say Heroes Work Here in big GIANT letters that greet the workers. They are on the front lines of this and working so hard. I am fortunate to have a job and work from the safety of my house.

I have my moments that it all hits me...this is a time in history and the entire world is experiencing it. It's surreal at times, isn't it? I worry about the future, specifically the next few months. Will my son have a graduation? Will he go to college on time? Will sports ever come back on? So many unknowns. We watched a special on tv last night, Jersey 4 Jersey. It featured musicians and celebrities from NJ. It also showed people at work, local restaurants that are struggling, nurses, doctors, teachers and families. It was sad!!!! My oldest was sitting next to me on the couch and said, "this is just an hour of sadness!...with good music). It really was. Living in our house in our little bubble has isolated us from a lot. Made me very thankful that Rick and I are able to have a job that keeps us home with our kids.

I have been knitting like a maniac. The top I am knitting has taken me less than a week. I am almost done. Stockinette stitch in the round is my friend right now. Mindless and easy to keep my hands busy. It also lets me watch tv, read my kindle and talk to my crew while I knit away, stitch by stitch.

Hope you are all well.

1 comment:

  1. omgoodness, i can barely watch t.v. and knit, if chuck starts talking, he gets the evil eye!! i have not been knitting too much, i'm not sure why!! i have done a lot of heavy cleaning and organizing, but i think i'm done with that!! i started a farm girl cowl last night, that goes pretty quickly, although i am not really looking for quick!!

    i have been out a few times. chuck has "business" stuff and i have been tagging along if he doesn't go in the truck. i don't like the truck. i went with him to cvs to pick up my prescriptions, there were 2 cars in the parking lot. we didn't go in, went through the drive through, it's all so weird.

    we go for bike rides here at home. the retirement community is a good place to ride. we don't know anybody so i don't have to shower and "do" my hair!!

    i did not think jon sounded good, he sounded kind of unfamiliar to me!!

    ReplyDelete