Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Week 6 of Quarantine











We just started week 6 of quarantine and week 5 of online learning for the boys.
I think we've all settled into our new routines and it's getting easier. My youngest is the hardest with schooling but the teacher and school are doing a GREAT job of making it work for the kids. They are making it better every week. It's not ideal of course but it's working for now. I am thankful to have a job that allows me to work from home. Many people in my company are healthcare workers and they are on the frontlines every day. I am safe at my dining room table on my computer. For that I am thankful. I am hoping that my oldest can have some kind of high school graduation. More than that, we all hope he can start college in the fall. But all we can do is stay home and healthy.

I have been knitting a lot. I casted on a quick knit, the Ankers Summer Shirt by Petite Knits. I'm using Marianated Yarn. It's her Playtime DK weight yarn in the Honeycomb color. It was from my stash and I'm enjoying the knit. I think it will be fun to wear under a jean jacket and navy blue linen pants this summer. 

Cooking and baking has been happening A LOT. One bonus of being home is the ability to start dinner earlier and not rush home from work and start dinner. We also don't have baseball. Wow. What a difference our life is without baseball! We haven't had a spring without it since our oldest was 4 years old. I miss seeing the boys on the field and cheering them on next to friends on the bleachers. I am enjoying the slower pace of dinner time this spring.

I still go for a walk every day at lunchtime if weather permits. I bundle up and my little guy walks around like it's summer. We're a sight! I am in a winter coat and hat most days and he is in shorts and a t-shirt. Kids.....

I am trying to take lots of pictures during this time so I don't forget all of the little things. Like birthday parades.....who would have thought. Chase made a sign for his friend, Alex's 9th birthday and we drove by with his classmates to wish him a happy birthday. It's so sweet to see their faces as they wave to each other. Made me cry! Shocker...I cry at everything!

So as we head into week 6, we are all doing a little better than the beginning. 
How are all of you?


1 comment:

  1. we are good, if chuck stops singing, we will be great!!

    i see the quilt is coming along and the knit looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete