Thursday, April 30, 2020

My Kitchen Window



 This post is for Purple Debbie!

I just uploaded a bunch of random pictures to this blog post. Then I thought of my dear friend, Purple Debbie (she has a wonderful blog. See here) She always laughs at me and says, "your post would have been a whole week of posts for me!" And she's RIGHT!!!!!

So....I'll just talk about this one picture today. 
Share with you a few of my favorite things about my kitchen window.
I took this picture because I had a creative block during my workday on Wednesday. I went in the kitchen to clear my head and try to get inspired. I love this view and I thought it was worth taking a picture.

Let's start with my new plant. I love it so much! It's a stranded pearls plant. A succulent that looks like little strings of pearls (looks like peas to me). So far so good. It seems happy where it is. I've looked up how to care for it and I'm following the directions. Basically, don't overwater it.

Next, is that little snowflake shape ceramic hanging from the window lock. Chase made it for me in school this year as a Christmas decoration. I loved it and couldn't bare to put it away when it came time to pack up the Christmas stuff. Right under it is a little pinch pot that Garrett made when he was little. Right next to it is a little ladybug made of clay. Dalton made that for me when he was little. Garrett also made one (it's on the other side of the windowsill).

The little Oui yogurt jar (that stuff is delicious!!!! btw) now has a sunflower seed planted in there. Let's see if it sprouts! I planted a bunch  of them outside but kept one inside.

The empty milk bottle usually holds fresh flowers from my walks. It once held half & half. I'm a sucker for a glass milk bottle. Then a cute little succulent I've had for years. 

A wooden soap dish holder that my mom gave me as a Christmas gift in my stocking years ago and a bar of soap gifted to me by my mother-in-law. Next to that, a small toothpick holder made of ceramic that my parents brought home from Alaska for me. I love it!

The ceramic leaf that hangs on the other window lock is from the Kutztown fair. I went to college there and we went to the fair when Garrett was a baby. That's story for another day!!! LOL. Mention the quilt barn to me or my mom and we have very vivid memories of baby poop!

The feather stained glass piece that hangs was purchased at the Farmers Market in Asbury Park last spring. My co-worker and friend came to my house one weekend and I took her to Asbury for the bizarre in Convention Hall. We had such a good time. I took her to breakfast at Toast, hit up the farmers market then shopped the bizarre. She lives about 45 minutes away from me so we don't get to hang out outside of work very often. This feather reminds me of a really fun day.

The felt ball garland was purchased at Calgo Gardens, a local garden and gift shop. It's a favorite of mine and I don't get there very often. But when I do, I always find little treasures. Great gifts too!

And then there's the view. You can't beat it, am I right?

So lookie there Debbie....how did I do? ONE post on ONE photo and lots to talk about :)

Heehee















2 comments:

  1. hehehehe, see, you got a whole, long, post out of that!!!!!! i could have also!!!

    i love your window, i have seen it before, and have honestly wondered about the "special" items there. i do not have deep window sills and have always wished i did!!

    i adore calgo gardens, i often go on the way home from my dr. appts in freehold. the cafe next door is open and run by the same people, we should go and try it out. it sounds different, fun and interesting...i have done a little research and i thought it would be a perfect little lunch spot for us!!

    you did great leanne, i taught you well!!!

    and ps...that picture of chase and i, melts my heart every time, thanks for sending it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i forgot to say...look at my post today, it is much more like one of your usual posts!!! so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete