Monday, April 6, 2020

This and That....Week 4 of Quarantine

We are entering our fourth week of quarantine. My boys are on spring break but my husband and I are still working. We spent a very lazy Sunday getting "ready" for the week. I didn't do much more than finish a book and make sourdough bread. I finished The Nickel Boys. It was hard to read part of it but it was eye opening and I would recommend it.







I was making my dough and it was time to score the bread. As I was about to cut into it, my oldest walked into the kitchen and asked if I could do the Steelers football logo. Ok! Will do. It didn't show up well once it cooked but it was so delicious. We enjoyed it with dinner.

I use this recipe for my sourdough bread. It's so good!!!!!!




I have been knitting as much as I can during these past weeks. I am almost done with my 
Ninilchik Swoncho. I used all stash yarn and I love how it's coming together.


I needed to get out for a few minutes today so I drove over to a local marina and just sat for about 20 minutes. I watched a couple put their boat in the water. Makes me excited for summer. Hopefully we can go to the beach this summer!!!!!!! I saw online that Belmar cancelled all events through July 1st. :(

I put the kids to work in the yard today. Lots to do while they are on spring break. I came out to check on them and Garrett was in a tree and Chase was in the chicken coop.





Then Garrett locked Chase in the chicken coop. Boys...



I got this pretty jade plant today when I was at the grocery store. I couldn't pass it up.



I tried a new recipe today and it was a huge hit with the family. It was One-Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta.
I didn't add the bell pepper because my kids don't like them and I added some turkey sausage just to add more protein to it. I have three very hungry boys and this hit the spot for everyone. 





My brother-in-law is a state trooper and they were told that they had to wear masks on their shifts and they have run out of supplies. So I went to work and sewed up a few tonight. My sister had girly fabric and we figured he would't love wearing that!!! I had some fabric left over form my son's college quilt. I want to find another pattern that would let him put a filter in through the back. Right now I have a slot that it can go in the top. Thank you to everyone that is working in the world right now! I am lucky and get to work from home. 






How are you all doing? We are lucky to be safe and healthy. My neighbor just came home today after being in the hospital for 15 days. I saw the photo of him being hugged by his kids and it made me cry. It could be the poster for "Stay at Home". So thankful see him come home with his family. 

Hang in there everyone! Day by day....we got this.

1 comment:

  1. your bread...your pasta dinner, both look so good!!! i tried to pin the pasta recipe, but pinterest was not having any part of it!!! i know about boys, this is the fun part!!!

    we are good, (i always say that) staying home...i think i am getting on chuck's nerves. just a feeling but i will know for sure soon!! i am cooking, cleaning, organizing my stuff...now it is the beginning of the month, i am always busier the first half of the month. and much to my surprise, our tenants are paying their rent!!!

    nice mask, you are such a good girl!!!

    ReplyDelete